The Chogoria route is our recommended and arguably the most magnificent ascent route to the summit area. It is the driest route up the mountain and the walk beside the Gorges Valley truly spectacular. The descent by the Sirimon route takes one through some beautiful forest tracks and completes the traverse of the mountain.
Nairobi- Mt Kenya Bandas (2,900m) 3hrs, 10km walk, 650m ascent.
Mt Kenya Bandas – Lake Ellis Campsite ( 3,600m) 3hrs, 9km, 700m ascent.
Lake Ellis – Minto`s Camp. (4,200m) 4 hrs, 12km, 600m ascent.
Minto`s – Pt Lenana ( 4,985m)- Old Moses camp.
Old Moses camp – Nairobi
Included in the Safari Cost
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek. Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek.
- On completion, successful climb Certificate
Excluded in the Safari Cost
- Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/drinks, and climbing gears
- Tips to your guide, porter and cook
- Visas to Kenya
- Items of personal nature